We meet weekly in our pastor's house on Thursday nights. The four pillars of our gatherings are shared meals, discussion-style teaching, opportunities to hang out and prayer. We are a church plant and are continually learning what works and doesn't work for a home church model. Come join us on our journey!
Welcome! We are so glad you are here! We would love to have you visit us! We GATHER in small home churches to GROW in our faith and community so we can GO into the world to share the Gospel.
The dream of New Legacy Lynden is multiplication of home churches throughout Whatcom Country. Think of smaller intentional and authentic church communities that meet in homes where we share a meal, a message and discussion over dessert. Gathering around a meal creates a space of intimacy and community. Every person brings a part of the meal to contribute to the greater shared meal. We don't want our first time guests to bring anything except themselves. The choice to contribute helps people connect, find value and invest in the greater purpose.
We dream and pray for the day when we will have several options for people to attend a NLL (New Legacy Lynden) home church in their neighborhood. But until then we have one primarily home church on 9th and Edson on Thursday nights at 6:00 PM to 8:30 PM on the 1st and 3rd Thursdays of the month! We will begin meeting monthly in the Spring of 2019!
Here's what to expect when you arrive at an NLL home church:
- A warm welcome!
- A delicious meal and dessert
- Biblical teaching
- Discussion questions over dessert
So what do you do if you have kids?
- Babies (birth to crawling): You can keep your babe with you or sign them in downstairs in our babies room.
- Little Kids (Crawling to 5 years old): We have a fun playroom for them to go in. We will have a parent with them.
- Big Kids (6 years old to 11 years old): They will be taught a Bible lesson by a teacher from Good News Club (CEF).
- Youth (12 years old-18 years old) : We want them with us during teaching! We believe that teens are our future so we want them to see worship in different ways, as well as seeing believers from all backgrounds gather together to learn.
Some things to keep in mind:
- We're a church plant AND a home church so we don't have everything figured out. We are learning along the way. We want to meet the needs of our community by loving and serving well.
- Our meals are potlucks so if you're first time than don't bring anything but like family, we encourage everyone to bring something to share. Join our Faithlife group (insert link) to find out the food theme for the week!
- We're not about gathering hundreds or thousands into one place. We are about stewarding and discipling people in small communities. We are FOR the large churches and believe that they are doing God's work. We are simply not called to be large.
- Our vision and teaching pastor is a woman so this church is for you if you don't mind being taught by men and women.